This hand-knit Peruvian wool headband will keep your head warm, and your heart warm too. I use only the highest quality, ethically-sourced yarn to keep you warm and last for years to come. This headband is double-knit for extra warmth, perfect for those who want style and warmth, without the hat hair.
- Hand knit with 100% merino wool. This wool is ethically sourced from Uruguay and mulesing-free. Sheep are allowed to roam free-range in the hills of Uruguay.
- Merino wool is very soft and warm without being scratchy.
- Merino wool is body odor-resistant, moisture-wicking, breathable, and biodegradable.
- I try to capture colors as accurately as possible, but color may vary slightly from your computer screen. This yarn is dyed in small batches, so each headband will vary slightly from shown and each one truly unique! This colorway will have varying amounts of orange, purple, and green, depending on each skein of yarn used.
–Size and Fit–
- Fits most teens/adults with head circumference 18-22”. Headband measures 4.5”W x 9.5”L
- The twist can be adjusted and worn at the front of your head or on the side.
- Please note the video in this listing is intended to show the style, fit, and yarn type used. They may not be the same color as the listing. You will receive the item in the main image.
- Hand wash cold in gentle detergent, air dry (do not put in washer or dryer).
- Woolly Bear Knits is not responsible for damage caused by accidental washing in washing machine or dryer.
Other styles and colors available here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/woollybearknit
–Stay in Touch–
Follow my knitting adventures on Instagram at @woollybear_knits or on Facebook at facebook.com/woollybearknits/
This item is not intended for young children and includes a tag that may pose a choking hazard. Keep out of the reach of children.
Pattern design: “Willow Headband” (modified) by White Owl Crochet Co
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Occasionally I can accept custom orders, depending on supply availability and capacity. Please send a message with what you're looking for and I'll respond back to let you know if it's possible. Typically I cannot accept custom orders during my busiest time in November through mid-December. If I can accept a custom request, you'll be sent a listing to purchase, and work will begin once the item has been paid for. I will provide an estimated turnaround time at the time of your order, typically 2-4 weeks.
There are no returns on custom orders, and discount codes do not apply.
- Hand wash cold in gentle detergent, reshape and air dry flat.
- Do not put in washing machine or dryer, as this will cause your wool item to felt.
- Remove pom pom before washing for best results (pom pom can be removed by untying from inside).
- Fluff pom pom to refresh by gently brushing with comb or cool heat from a hair dryer.
All wool will stretch over time. If you feel your hat has gotten too stretched out, follow the instructions above to wash it, then reshape it to desired shape, and allow to dry. This should reshape it to its original size.
Detailed measurements of each item are provided in each listing description. Hats are made with chunky merino wool or wool. Hats will be fitted on medium/larger heads with taller foreheads, or slouchy/tall on smaller/medium heads with short foreheads. If you are looking for a very small or very large size, message me and I might be able to customize the fit for you.
If you have any questions about sizing or fit, feel free to send me a message! All listings include a video of the fit on my own head (which is larger, with a tall forehead).
All wool will stretch over time. If your hat feels small (especially at the brim) when it arrives, know that it will stretch over time (after a few wears) and mold to your head shape.
Due to USPS delays in 2020-2022 along with hygiene factors related to COVID-19, returns are not accepted. Please don't hesitate to message me with any questions or concerns about your order and we'll work together to make it right.
If you have any questions about sizing, fit, or materials before your order, I'm more than happy to send you more info, pics or even a video. I typically respond to messages within an hour or two, so don't hesitate to reach out if you're unsure before you order!
Lost your pom pom or maybe your pet ate it? Or maybe you just want an additional color so you can switch it out? Send me a message to order a new one.
If you're looking for knitting supplies and materials, you can download my free Tools of the Trade list with all my materials and links here:
Paste the link into your internet browser if it's not clickable.
Dec 21, 2022
Love my head scarf. Just as described. Wear it everyday. Quick shipping. Thank you!