Please Note: This listing is for a KNITTING PATTERN only, not a finished product. You will receive a digital, downloadable file of instructions to knit this cowl.
I created my original cowl pattern (the human version) as a way to use up scraps of yarn leftover from making hats. I just had to create a cute pet cowl to coordinate! I teamed up with my friends at Bright & Pip to bring you the pet version.
NOTE: this pattern is available for free on Ravelry.
Skill Level: Easy
- 10mm/US15 16”Circular Knitting Needles
- 20-80 yards of super bulky yarn, such as Malabrigo Rasta or similar variegated super bulky yarn (3 partial skeins)
You will need to be familiar with knitting in the round, color changes, and basic colorwork to knit this pattern.
This pattern was written by me, and the pattern and pictures are property of Woolly Bear Knits and may not be altered, shared, or sold. You’re welcome to sell finished products made with this pattern, but please credit design to me: Emily Sheehan of Woolly Bear Knits and link to my shop: www.etsy.com/shop/woollybearknit
If you are selling products you made from my patterns, it is not allowed to copy my Etsy listing text for your own listing (please use your own words to sell your products) and you must use your own photos.
There are no refunds on my patterns.
If you are on Instagram, please use #sunrisepetcowl and tag me @woollybear_knits so I can see and share what you make! Contact me through Etsy or Instagram if you have any questions.
Troubleshooting Digital Download issues:
- You should receive an email receipt with a download link once your payment clears Etsy. You can also go to your profile, click Purchases and Reviews, and there will be a box that says "Download Files" at the right side of the purchase. Here, you can download all the files associated with your order.
- Downloads are available once your payment is confirmed. If you paid with PayPal or a credit card on Etsy, confirmation might take a few minutes.
- Etsy will send you a download notification email separate from any transaction notification emails you receive from Etsy and/or PayPal.
- If you're unsure if you've purchased a Digital Item, you can always go back to the listing page. If it is a digital download, you should see an "Instant Download" message on the images for the item.
- Please note that you can't download a digital purchase through the Etsy app at this time. To download a digital file, please sign in to Etsy on your mobile browser or a non-mobile computer.
- If you checked out as a guest, you'll find a link to download your purchase in the receipt email that was sent to you after purchase.
Your files will be available to download once payment is confirmed.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Occasionally I can accept custom orders, depending on supply availability and capacity. Please send a message with what you're looking for and I'll respond back to let you know if it's possible. If I can accept a custom request, you'll be sent a listing to purchase, and work will begin once the item has been paid for. I will provide an estimated turnaround time at the time of your order, typically 2-4 weeks.
There are no returns on custom orders, and discount codes do not apply.
In fall/winter 2021, custom orders will be accepted during a designated timeframe. Follow me on Instagram @woollybear_knits or join my email list for specific updates on custom order timelines.
- Hand wash cold in gentle detergent, reshape and air dry flat.
- Do not put in washing machine or dryer, as this will cause your wool item to felt.
- Remove pom pom before washing for best results (pom pom can be removed by untying from inside).
- Fluff pom pom to refresh by gently brushing with comb or cool heat from a hair dryer.
All wool will stretch over time. If you feel your hat has gotten too stretched out, follow the instructions above to wash it, then reshape it to desired shape, and allow to dry. This should reshape it to its original size.
Detailed measurements of each item are provided in each listing description. Hats are made with chunky merino wool or wool. Hats will be fitted on medium/larger heads with taller foreheads, or slouchy/tall on smaller/medium heads with short foreheads.
If you have any questions about sizing or fit, feel free to send me a message! All listings include a video of the fit on my own head (which is larger, with a tall forehead).
All wool will stretch over time. If your hat feels small (especially at the brim) when it arrives, know that it will stretch over time (after a few wears) and mold to your head shape.
Due to USPS delays in 2020 and 2021 along with hygiene factors related to COVID-19, I will not be accepting returns this year. Please don't hesitate to message me with any questions or concerns about your order and we'll work together to make it right.
If you have any questions about sizing, fit, or materials before your order, I'm more than happy to send you more info, pics or even a video. I typically respond to messages within an hour or two, so don't hesitate to reach out if you're unsure before you order!
Lost your pom pom or maybe your pet ate it? Or maybe you just want an additional color so you can switch it out? Send me a message to order a new one.
Oct 21, 2021
Apr 22, 2021
Love this pattern
Apr 20, 2021
Jan 28, 2021
I love your patterns! Very well written and easy to follow! :)