This hand-knit alpaca/merino wool blend hat will keep your head warm, and your heart warm too. I use only the highest quality, ethically-sourced yarn to keep you warm and stay looking great over the years! This lightweight hat is perfect for fall and spring.
- Yarn is 70% Baby Alpaca, 7% Merino, 23% Nylon, and the yarn is very lightweight, fluffy, and soft.
- I try to capture colors as accurately as possible, but color may vary slightly from your computer screen.
Fit and Dimensions:
- Hat is fitted and will stretch to fit most adult women (18-22"), with a little pouf/space at the top. Can be worn higher on your forehead for a more slouchy look in the back.
- Knit is nice and stretchy, comfortable with minimal hat hair due to the natural fibers used.
- Hat measures 10"Hx8"W.
- Hand wash cold in gentle detergent, air dry (do not put in dryer).
Stay in touch:
- Follow my knitting adventures on Instagram at @woollybear_knits or on Facebook at facebook.com/woollybearknits/
This item is not intended for young children and includes a hat tag that may pose a choking hazard. Keep out of the reach of children.
Birchwood Beanie by me, available as a knitting pattern if you'd like to make your own.
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Occasionally I can accept custom orders, depending on supply availability and capacity. Please send a message with what you're looking for and I'll respond back to let you know if it's possible. If I can accept a custom request, you'll be sent a listing to purchase, and work will begin once the item has been paid for. I will provide an estimated turnaround time at the time of your order, typically 2-4 weeks.
There are no returns on custom orders, and discount codes do not apply.
In fall/winter 2021, custom orders will be accepted during a designated timeframe. Follow me on Instagram @woollybear_knits or join my email list for specific updates on custom order timelines.
- Hand wash cold in gentle detergent, reshape and air dry flat.
- Do not put in washing machine or dryer, as this will cause your wool item to felt.
- Remove pom pom before washing for best results (pom pom can be removed by untying from inside).
- Fluff pom pom to refresh by gently brushing with comb or cool heat from a hair dryer.
All wool will stretch over time. If you feel your hat has gotten too stretched out, follow the instructions above to wash it, then reshape it to desired shape, and allow to dry. This should reshape it to its original size.
Detailed measurements of each item are provided in each listing description. Hats are made with chunky merino wool or wool. Hats will be fitted on medium/larger heads with taller foreheads, or slouchy/tall on smaller/medium heads with short foreheads.
If you have any questions about sizing or fit, feel free to send me a message! All listings include a video of the fit on my own head (which is larger, with a tall forehead).
All wool will stretch over time. If your hat feels small (especially at the brim) when it arrives, know that it will stretch over time (after a few wears) and mold to your head shape.
Due to USPS delays in 2020 and 2021 along with hygiene factors related to COVID-19, I will not be accepting returns this year. Please don't hesitate to message me with any questions or concerns about your order and we'll work together to make it right.
If you have any questions about sizing, fit, or materials before your order, I'm more than happy to send you more info, pics or even a video. I typically respond to messages within an hour or two, so don't hesitate to reach out if you're unsure before you order!
Lost your pom pom or maybe your pet ate it? Or maybe you just want an additional color so you can switch it out? Send me a message to order a new one.